The Value Plan is our Affordable Business Appraisal designed to give you a quick and low-cost method to value an operating business. It is intended for shareholders buying in or out of a business, and for business owners who just need a solid, competent number. Features Include:
- Low Cost
- Starting at $3600
- Suitable for:
- Exit Planning
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Estate & Gift Planning
- Value Testing Acquisitions
Who We Are
We’ve been doing business valuations full-time for over 26 years, mostly for IRS reporting purposes, corporate stock option plans, employee stock ownership plans, and transfers of intellectual property. We have all the official credentials, education, and experience needed for such big assignments. The big reports we produce for those purposes are typically 100‐150 pages long, they generally cost $8,000‐$25,000, and take weeks to prepare.
The Value Plan Alternative
The Value Plan is much like our big report but with almost all the overhead eliminated. It uses the same valuation methods and relies on the same market data, but it’s stripped‐down, agile, flexible, and much less expensive to produce. It’s very brief and easy to read ‐ think of a speedboat next to an ocean liner.
When to Use Value Plan
- Buy‐Sell Agreements
- Share Pricing for New Investors
- Retiring Shareholders
- Exit Planning
- Estate and Gift Planning
- Value‐testing Acquisition Offers
- Testing Company Growth Plans
There are many benefits for a business, but the most important are:
- Thorough, broad‐spectrum analysis of value in 6‐10 pages.
- Ease of experimenting with different assumptions.
- Aid in identifying factors to increase value.
- Low cost quick turnaround‐ starting at $3,600.
How It Works
To do this, we need a certain amount of information about the business. The steps are:
- A Value Consultant will talk with you about what meets your needs and the information we need.
- We use financial statements and market data, and we run financial projections for the next five
years, to get a measure of expected revenue, earnings, and cash flows.
- We run several valuation methods and pick the best ones.
- We then send you a draft report by email.
- You and your advisors can review the analysis and we can discuss the results. You may
have changes or additional information.
Note: If you use the Value Plan but subsequently need a full‐scale report, we will apply up to half of the Value Plan cost to the formal report depending on the situation and the age of the data.
When Not to Use Value Plan
The Value Plan may not be the best choice in some situations. Agencies like the IRS, SEC, DOL, and some courts will require a full‐scale formal report. There are exceptions which we are happy to discuss.
Ready to get started? Please call (866) 598-4295 or use our contact form to see how a Value Plan can meet your immediate valuation needs!